Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Butter cream cake
- Makes 1
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour — sifted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee extract
- almonds — chopped
- Beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, melted butter and the coffee extract, beating well with each addition.
- Pour into a small buttered square pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) ½ hour.
- When done, invert the pan on a cake rack and let cool.
- When the cake is cold cut it into two layers.
- Spread one with the filling and put the layers together; spread the rest of the filling over the top.
- Press chopped almonds lightly around the edge of the cake.