- 32 oz ground meat
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 32 oz potatoes, peeled and sliced (medium size)
- fried round eggplant slices
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 32 oz tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup shortening or butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate thickened juice
- 1 cup water
- Process minced onion and ground meat in a food processor.
- Knead meat and onion with parsley, spices, and salt.
- Process meat mixture another time in food processor until smooth.
- Grease an oven tray (diameter 30 cm).
First way Edit
- Knead meat mixture another time.
- Divide meat mixture into balls (as desired) or shape into fingers.
- Fry in shortening until golden.
- Arrange in the tray.
Second way Edit
- Spread meat mixture evenly in a greased tray using the palm of your hands.
- Bake in a moderate heat (180 °c) oven for 7 minutes or until kafta is golden.
- Fry potatoes in oil until nearly cooked.
- Arrange onions, eggplant, and potatoes over the meat in the tray.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Pour 1 cup of water.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Cover and return to oven until kafta is cooked for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied with salads.