Grilled Kabab Fingers
- 1 lb finely minced lean meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 grated medium onion
- 2 tbsp shortening or butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground sweet pepper
- Blend meat, parsley, grated onion, salt, and pepper.
- Divide meat mixture into equal pieces as big as a walnut.
- Make from each piece a finger shape piece.
- Meanwhile prepare charcoal.
- Thread meat.
- Grill over hot coals.
- Turning several times until tender and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad or french fries.
- Note: if you use bamboo skewers, soak in water for 1 hour before using to keep the exposed portions from burning.