Sweet tomato sauce Edit
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- ½ tsp ginger root, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Yogurt sauce Edit
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into 2 – 3" cubes; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan that has a lid.
- Fry the pumpkins on both sides fora couple of minutes until lightly browned.
- Mix together ingredients for sweet tomato sauce in a bowl then add to pumpkin mixture in fry pan.
- Cover and cook 20 – 25 minutes over low heat until the pumpkin is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated (I don't know how it's going to evaporate if the pan is covered -B)
- Mix together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce.
- To serve: spread half the yogurt sauce on a plate and lay the pumpkin on top.
- Top with remaining yogurt and any cooking juices left over.
- Sprinkle with dry mint.
- May be served with chalow (basmati rice) and naan or pita bread.