This is a Deep fried small bread.
- 500g all-purpose flour (maida)
- 100g ghee or butter
- a pinch of cooking soda
- salt to taste
- 50g green gram, boiled and drained
- 50g bengal gram flour
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- a pinch of turmeric
- a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- a bunch of mint leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp dry mango powder (aamchur)
- 5g fennel seeds
- oil for frying
- Sieve the flour along with salt and cooking soda.
- To this, add ghee and make a fine dough using little water.
- Cover and keep aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the fennel seeds for few seconds.
- Then add drained and cooked green gram, bengal gram flour, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, dry mango powder and fry for few minutes.
- Also add chopped cilantro, mint leaves, salt and cook for few more minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and keep aside.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Take a ball, keep on your palm and press a little to stuff the above mixture.
- Seal the edges with the same dough and press the ball a little to oval shape.
- Repeat the process for the remaining balls and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry the kachoris until golden brown in color and crispy.
- Serve hot with tamarind or mint chutney.