Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a Deep fried small bread.
- 500g all-purpose flour (maida)
- 100g ghee or butter
- a pinch of cooking soda
- salt to taste
- 50g green gram, boiled and drained
- 50g bengal gram flour
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- a pinch of turmeric
- a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- a bunch of mint leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp dry mango powder (aamchur)
- 5g fennel seeds
- oil for frying
- Sieve the flour along with salt and cooking soda.
- To this, add ghee and make a fine dough using little water.
- Cover and keep aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the fennel seeds for few seconds.
- Then add drained and cooked green gram, bengal gram flour, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, dry mango powder and fry for few minutes.
- Also add chopped cilantro, mint leaves, salt and cook for few more minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and keep aside.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Take a ball, keep on your palm and press a little to stuff the above mixture.
- Seal the edges with the same dough and press the ball a little to oval shape.
- Repeat the process for the remaining balls and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry the kachoris until golden brown in color and crispy.
- Serve hot with tamarind or mint chutney.