Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Japanese pumpkin soup. A lovely pumpkin soup posted in response to a recipe request from an online source.
- 1 lb Japanese kabocha squash
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2⅓ cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Cut pumpkin into large blocks and remove seeds.
- Place pumpkin on a plate and heat in microwave for one minute.
- Slice pumpkin thinly.
- Heat butter in saute pan and cook Onion slices until softened (not brown).
- Add pumpkin slices to the pan and saute.
- Add chicken bouillon and water and simmer vegetables until softened.
- When cooked, whirl the vegetables and broth in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add milk.
- Heat the soup over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.