Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cabbage rolls for four - five persons
- 400 g of lean minced pork or beef
- 1 onion
- 1 dl cabbage cooking liquid
- 2 dl chopped cabbage
- 2 dl boiled rice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram
- Cut the stalk off the cabbage and cook the cabbage in salted water until the leaves are soft. You can carefully loosen the outer leaves as they soften.
- Lift the cooked cabbage onto a large plate to drain.
- Loosen the leaves one by one and chop the small inner leaves for the filling.
- Finely chop the Onion and fry in small amount of oil until translucent but not brown.
- Combine the meat, rice, chopped cabbage and seasonings into a smooth mixture. If the mixture is too thick, add some more of the cabbage cooking water.
- Flatten the cabbage leaves.
- Lift a good tablespoonful of filling onto the leaf and roll it up tucking the edges round the mixture.
- Place the rolls side by side in a baking dish, pour syrup and a little fat over them.
- Bake the rolls for 1 hour at 200 °C. Half way turn the rolls over and baste them every now and then with the cabbage water.
- Strain the pan juices and thicken with flour mixed with water. Add a little cream.
- Serve the cabbage rolls with boiled potatoes and lingonberry purée.