Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 duck
- dried chilli peppers, soaked in water until soft
- 7 small shallots
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 fully grown coconut
- 10 potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces of chosen size, then washed and left on a plate
- ground black pepper
- fish sauce
Duck preparation Edit
- Plucked, gutted and cut into pieces as desired—these to be washed, sprinkled with salt and ground black pepper and left on a plate.
- Opened and the meat grated by using a ka-tai kood mok-pao (a 'rabbit' for grating coconut) - then make the first extraction of cream, followed by the second and third extractions of milk, approximately enough to fill a large soup bowl.
- Put the coconut cream in a wok and place it on the fire.
- Leave it until the cream separates, and then add the kheuang hom.
- Stir until it gives off a good aroma.
- Next, put in the salted pieces of duck and stir until they have shrunk a bit.
- Add the fish sauce and curry powder.
- Stir some more and then add the second extraction of coconut milk and the potatoes.
- Put the lid on the wok.
- When the duck and potatoes are well done, taste, then dish up in a bowl, garnish with ground black pepper and chopped coriander leaves, and serve.