Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Colonel also had a Roasted chicken that was mighty tasty. The chicken was marinated also and then baked with his famous seasonings. The baking process was long it takes 4 hours to bake it. It is baked at 225°F for 2 hours till the internal temp was at 175°F. But for you at home I have updated this to be baked at a hire temperature and be prepared in less time.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 – 8 cups shortening
- 20 chicken wing pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon msg
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- If you are using frozen wings allow them to defrost and marinate.
- If you are using fresh wings you are going to want to take the wing and remove the flipper and then break them into two pieces and then marinate them.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and msg.
- When shortening is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- Bread all the wings then refrigerate them until ready to use.
- When they are ready to be used fry them 6 at a time for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the shortening and allow them to drain for 3 minutes.
- For the barbecue ones dip in the barbecue sauce and serve.