The Colonel also had a Roasted chicken that was mighty tasty. The chicken was marinated also and then baked with his famous seasonings. The baking process was long it takes 4 hours to bake it. It is baked at 225°F for 2 hours till the internal temp was at 175°F. But for you at home I have updated this to be baked at a hire temperature and be prepared in less time.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 – 8 cups shortening
- 20 chicken wing pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon msg
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- If you are using frozen wings allow them to defrost and marinate.
- If you are using fresh wings you are going to want to take the wing and remove the flipper and then break them into two pieces and then marinate them.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and msg.
- When shortening is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- Bread all the wings then refrigerate them until ready to use.
- When they are ready to be used fry them 6 at a time for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the shortening and allow them to drain for 3 minutes.
- For the barbecue ones dip in the barbecue sauce and serve.