Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beer meat loaf
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds lean pork
- 1 pound smoked ham hocks
- 1½ cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs -- beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Have your butcher grind the pork and ham together.
- Mix well with the cracker crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form into a loaf.
- Roll in cheesecloth and tie the ends securely.
- Place in a kettle and add sufficient beer to cover the loaf.
- Simmer slowly for 2¼ hours.
- Very good served on thin-sliced open-faced sandwiches.
- Or serve with cole slaw, your favorite sharp cheese, pickled beets and potato salad.