- Make the syrup: mix the ¾ cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and boil for 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix the flour, farina, sugar, baking powder, and coconut.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into a 8" x 11" lightly greased cake pan and bake at about 350 degrees f until a toothpick or knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- If the top is not already a golden brown, then broil the top for a minute or two to achieve this color.
- Remove from the oven.
- Over the hot cake, pour the cooled syrup.
- Leave to cool, then serve.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.