Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Special note by Andy:
Try this one its very tasty and easy to make. Recipe can be doubled for a very large crowd or occasion. This was one of the last recipes given to me by my friend Marjorie Cottom who died of cancer in the year 2001.
- 4 lbs shredded cabbage
- ½ green pepper, shredded
- ½ sweet red pepper, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, shredded
- ½ white onion or red onion, shredded
- 3 fluid ounces apple cider vinegar
- 3 ounces French's prepared mustard
- 2 ounces ketchup
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce Kraft Mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Shredd and toss all vegetables.
- In a saucepot over low heat, place in the ketchup, mustard, vinegar, mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper, (DO NOT ADD sugar as that is a last step).
- Bring all to a low boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour warm mixture onto all vegies, and toss well.
- Sprinkle the white sugar over top.
- Toss again well.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Note that the mustard and cayenne make this tangy and spicy, and give an orange colour apperance.
- This is very tasty for a BBQ, or large gatherings and I think you will get many compliments on this one.