This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound dried pinto beans
- ½ pound dried black beans
- ½ pound dried lima beans
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large pimento chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- ¼ cup black strap molasses
- Soak beans 6 hours in cold water.
- Drain water and replace with fresh water.
- Bring water to a boil slowly.
- Add salt, pepper, ham hock, onion, pimento and garlic then reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir frequently.
- Add molasses and cook 15 minutes more.