Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound dried pinto beans
- ½ pound dried black beans
- ½ pound dried lima beans
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large pimento chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- ¼ cup black strap molasses
- Soak beans 6 hours in cold water.
- Drain water and replace with fresh water.
- Bring water to a boil slowly.
- Add salt, pepper, ham hock, onion, pimento and garlic then reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir frequently.
- Add molasses and cook 15 minutes more.