Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Small mushroom casserole
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pound mushrooms (any kind), cleaned, trimmed, and cut into quarters or sixths, depending on their size
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh chives
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup grated gruyère cheese
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until most of the liquid they release has evaporated and the mushrooms are nicely browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chives and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Stir in the sour cream and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushrooms among 4 or 5 ovenproof ramekins placed on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top of each one liberally with the gruyère cheese.