Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Makes enough dressing to serve 6 or ½ cup
- 1 to 2 tbsp excellent wine vinegar and/or lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- 6 to 8 tbsp best quality olive oil or salad oil or a mixture of both
- several grinds of fresh pepper
- 1 tsp finely minced shallots or scallions and/or fresh or dried herbs, such as chives, tarragon, basil, all optional
- Beat vinegar, salt, and mustard in bowl until dissolved, then beat in the oil and seasonings.
- Or put all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake vigorously to blend.
- Dip a piece of lettuce into the dressing and taste.
- Correct seasoning.