Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 4½ (500 g) cups flour, sifted
- 1 lb (500 g) lean boneless pork, minced
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp rice wine
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 oz (125 ml) sesame oil
- ½ tsp msg
- Mix the pork with the soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, msg, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in one direction until it becomes a paste.
- Stir in the sesame oil and mix well.
- Add 9 oz (250 ml) of cold water gradually to the flour and mix into a dough.
- Let rest.
- Turn out onto a flour board and knead until firm and elastic.
- Knead the dough again and cut into ½ oz (15 g) balls.
- Flatten each ball lightly with your hand, then roll out each piece into a 3 inch (7 to 8 cm) circle, rotating the dough counter-clockwise while rolling so the centre is slightly thicker than the edges.
- Place about 1 to 1½ tbsp (20 g) of filling on each circle and pinch the edges together into 18 pleats.
- Place the dumpling in a steamer and steam for 5 minutes over high heat.