Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Jota is a typical Slovenian dish eaten in all parts of Slovenia with minor variations. Sauerkraut and sour turnip soup.
- 30 dag cooked beans
- 3 potatoes cut in cubes
- 50 dag sauerkraut
- 30 dag sour turnip
- 10 dag bacon, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- some smoked meat
- salt and paper to taste
- 1 dcl sour cream
- Cook together sauerkraut and sour turnip and smoked meat.
- Melt bacon, add onion, flower, then roast and pour water.
- Add beans, sauerkraut and turnip, mix and pour remaining water.
- Add garlic and bay leaf.
- Add salt and smoked meat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sour cream.
- Jota may be cooked only with sauerkraut or only with sour turnip.