Makes 24 Muffins.
- 250 gm butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 x eggs
- 6 sm bananas, (or 4 large ones)
- 3 1/2 cup self raisng flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup choc chip cookies, up to 1, up to
- 2 tbl demarara Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200c and generously butter 24 muffin cups.
- In a mixer, beat the Sugar and butter together until light then add the eggs and mashed bananas and stir thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and choc chips then fold this mixture into the wet mixture. Fold gently but thoroughly - do not overmix.
- Fill greased muffin tins to almost full then sprinkle the demarara Sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 200c for 20–25 minutes then remove from the oven and cool slightly before turning the muffins out to cool.