Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jolof rice is a great dish when entertaining. It can be prepared in advance, refrigerated, and simply reheated just before serving time.
- Yields 6 - 8 servings
- ¾ pound beef-smoked sausage
- 2 ounce pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of corn or vegetable oil
- 2½ cups water
- 1 pound of cleaned shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot, cook smoked sausage, pepperoni, green pepper, and onion in 3 tablespoons of corn or vegetable oil until the green pepper and onion are slightly tender.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook and stir for two minutes.
- Add water, tomato, and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, then lower heat to low or simmer.
- Cover pot and cook 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.