Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is delicious with roasts and steaks. Nice company side dish.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 large onions
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices processed Swiss cheese, cut in pieces
- 6 slices buttered, dry French bread, cut in large cubes
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover for 10 – 12 minutes until tender but firm.
- At the same time, melt butter in saucepan; remove.
- Blend flour, salt and pepper; slowly stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until boils and thickens (1 minute boil).
- Stir in cheese; low heat until melted.
- Pour over onions and stir.
- Arrange bread cubes around edge.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.