Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 6 chopped onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups sliced sweet peppers
- 5 cups chopped celery
- 2 large cans tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 3 cups mushrooms with liquid
- 2 cups sliced stuffed olives
- 2 cans pimentos, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 5 cups grated American cheese
- 1½ lb wide egg noodles
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- Sauté beef and pork in oil in a large skillet.
- When it has cooked awhile, add garlic cloves, thinly sliced onions, and peppers.
- Fry a little and then add remaining ingredients, except noodles and cheese and simmer a while.
- Cook noodles in boiling water and drain.
- Grease a large pan.
- Add the meat mixture to the noodles and place in pan in layers, sprinkling the grated cheese on the layers and on top.
- Bake in slow oven, 275°F for two hours.