It has a very hot, spicey, full bodied flavor that compliments these quesadillas to a Tee. Serve them hot off the pan, if cooking for two have two pans on the go. They are not the same if kept warm in the oven. Have a wee rest between servings they only take minutes to make after the veggies are cooked. A small green salad goes nicely along side.
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped (use more or less your taste preference)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups Monterey jack Cheese, grated
- 6 large whole-Wheat tortillas or 9 small corn tortillas
- vegetable oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 5 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- lemon wedges
- salsa, of your choice
- In a large, non stick, fry pan lightly sprayed with oil stir fry the Broccoli, Cauliflower and Jalapenos for apprx 7 minutes.
- Add onions continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the vegetables all the while.
- Over low heat add a 1/2 tsp of butter or margerine to another pan heat one side of a tortilla, flip the tortilla over and put 3/4 cup of the veggie filling and 3/4 cup of Cheese, fold over the tortilla to cover the filling, fry for a minute or so then flip to the other side and continue to fry until the Cheese has melted - just a minute or so.
- Serve immediately with Salsa and avacado slices with a little lemon squeezed over them.