Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It has a very hot, spicey, full bodied flavor that compliments these quesadillas to a Tee. Serve them hot off the pan, if cooking for two have two pans on the go. They are not the same if kept warm in the oven. Have a wee rest between servings they only take minutes to make after the veggies are cooked. A small green salad goes nicely along side.
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped (use more or less your taste preference)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups Monterey jack Cheese, grated
- 6 large whole-Wheat tortillas or 9 small corn tortillas
- vegetable oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 5 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- lemon wedges
- salsa, of your choice
- In a large, non stick, fry pan lightly sprayed with oil stir fry the Broccoli, Cauliflower and Jalapenos for apprx 7 minutes.
- Add onions continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the vegetables all the while.
- Over low heat add a 1/2 tsp of butter or margerine to another pan heat one side of a tortilla, flip the tortilla over and put 3/4 cup of the veggie filling and 3/4 cup of Cheese, fold over the tortilla to cover the filling, fry for a minute or so then flip to the other side and continue to fry until the Cheese has melted - just a minute or so.
- Serve immediately with Salsa and avacado slices with a little lemon squeezed over them.