Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This variation of taco salad was shown to me many years ago by my old friend's girlfriend. We used to eat it a lot at our parties, since it feeds up to 6 people. For fewer servings, just cut down on the amount of each ingredient.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 bag of shredded cheese
- 1 bag of Doritos chips
- 1 bottle of Catalina salad dressing
- Cook and drain the ground beef or turkey and return to skillet
- Add taco seasoning to the ground beef or turkey and stir
- Add kidney beans and tomato sauce to the seasoned ground beef or turkey and stir
- Remove the core from the head of lettuce
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a very large bowl
- Break Doritos into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl of lettuce
- Pour the bag of shredded cheese into the bowl and mix the contents briefly
- Pour the contents of the skillet into the bowl and stir
- Finally, pour the Catalina salad dressing into the bowl and stir
- Serve on plates or in salad bowls