Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bread Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 5 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb. butter
- lb. sharp cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- tabasco sauce and/or paprika -- optional addition to batter
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolk.
- Gradually add flour and cheese, alternating.
- Mix like dough.
- Roll in ball and pinch off in hand.
- Flatten and place close together on greased sheet.
- Bake at 350 °F for 8–10 minutes.
- Roll in sugar while still warm.