This is a recipe my catering friend perfected in 1991. I love this recipe and serve it on special occasions.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 large salmon filets, skinned
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 4 stalks of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Mince the cilantro.
- Thoroughly mix the garlic, cilantro, and cream cheese, and then set aside.
- Butterfly the salmon filets.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into the salmon, and fold it back up.
- Place on hot grill and cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with salt during cooking.