- 1 lb romaine lettuce (about one medium head)
- 4 oranges
- 8 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 ounce cilantro leaves (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 canned chipotle chilis, diced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 fresh orange, juice of
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Arrange individual leaves of romaine on salad plates as bed for salad.
2. Remove rind and pith from oranges, and slice across to expose the sections; about 1/4" each slice.
3. Remove seeds as necessary.
6. Add fruit juices and olive oil, whisking together well.
7. Pour over salad and serve.