Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 6 boneless loin pork chops
- 18 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Place first 12 ingredients in a blender.
- Whirl until smooth.
- Place pork chops in a plastic bag, add marinade, seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Add shrimp during the last half hour, seal bag and turn to coat.
- Heat grill.
- Coat grill rack with oil.
- Remove pork chops and shrimp from plastic bag.
- Tie each chop with cooking twine so it remains a round shape.
- Grill 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Grill shrimp 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Garnish with whole scallions and lime wedges.