Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serving Size: 4
- 8 oz whitebait or other very tiny fish - whole
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, finely - ground
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- oil for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Wash the and dry thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites, then blend in the salt, ground sesame seeds and chili powder.
- Heat the oil to moderately hot.
- Dip the into the egg white mixture, then drop into the hot oil and deep-fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Lift out with a spoon and drain well on paper towels. (The can be stored, when cool, in an airtight container.)
- Just before serving, heat the sesame oil in a wide skillet to very hot.
- Add the and fry, stirring frequently, until heated through and crisp.
- Serve at once.