Source: Vietnam - The Pleasure of Cooking mini-series
- 125 g (4 oz) salted jellyfish
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ cup small peeled cooked prawns
- 125 g (4 oz) roast chicken, preferably breast
- 2 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp pickled carrot
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- Soak the jellyfish in hot water for 2 hours, changing the water twice.
- Drain and cut into thin strips.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in halves lengthwise and slice thinly.
- Place in a dish with 1 teaspoons salt and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain.
- Shred the chicken and saute with the prawns briefly in the oil, adding the chopped onion and fish sauce.
- Add the jellyfish and toss in the pan.
- Remove and leave to cool, then mix with the remaining ingredients and pile onto a small plate.