Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Yields: 16 servings
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1. Mix cake batter and bake as directed on package for a 13x9-inch pan. Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Poke holes in the top of the cake after cooling with either large fork, toothpick, or straw at 1/2in. intervals. 2. Add boiling water to JELL-O mix (in small bowl); stir for 2 minutes or until JELL-O is dissolved. Stir in cold water and pour over cake. Refrigerate cake for 3 hours. 3. Frost cake with Cool-Whip and Refrigerate another 1 hour.
- May substitute JELL-O and Cool-Whip with store brand alternatives.
- Or gelatin flavor alternative but Strawberry works best.