Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 25 minutes cooking time
- 4 servings
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 Serrano peppers, seeded, de-veined, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- In a food processor, whirl cocount, chilies, anchovy paste, garlic, and lime juice until coconut and chilies are minced; scrape container sides frequently.
- Rinse and drain Shrimp.
- Thread onto 4 flat metal skewers (10 to 14 in.) Brush shrimp with paste.
- Be sure to reserve some for serving.
- Place shrimp on a BBQ grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or on a gas grill set at medium hot (can hold hand at grill level for no more than 3 seconds); close lid on grill.
- Cook shrimp, turning once, until bright pink but still moist (about 2 minutes a side).
- Serve with reserved sambal paste.