- Cook jasmine rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet or wok-shaped pan over high heat.
- Add oil and crushed red pepper, and let sizzle for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add eggplant, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic, and stir-fry for 3 minutes more.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with sugar, and toss for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat, add basil leaves and toss to combine with eggplant.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.