Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg of mutton
- 2 kg of veal
- 100 g of rice
- 50 g of onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 g of butter or cooking oil
- 250 ml of double cream
- fine chopped parsley
- 100 grapevine leaves (collard greens may also be used)
- beef stock
- Boil the grapevine leaves for 20 minutes in salty water.
- Drain the leaves and leave to cool.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan and than fry garlic and parsley and add it to the meet, rice, egg, pepper, paprika and salt.
- Mix it thoroughly and gradually add 100ml of cold water.
- Fill the grapevine leaves with the mixture creating small cylindrical parcels.
- Fill the dish tightly with the parcels and than add beef stock until all the parcels are covered with it.
- Cook slowly for few hours.
- Serve with it's own stock and double cream.
- Goes well with boiled potatoes.