Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup very very cold water
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or tempura flour (3 oz)
- Break the egg into a bowl containing the iced water and whisk until frothy.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Beat until the flour is just mixed in.
- Do not over beat.
- Batter should be so thin that the merest wisp clings to the vegetables dipped in it.
- If it seems too thick, add a little more iced water, and keep the batter cold.