Crunchy and fresh, with a delightful flavor, this is a nice side to go with some of your other salads, vegetables, and chutneys.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 (3 inches) piece daikon radishes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Peel and finely shred carrot and daikon.
- Put vegetables into large bowl; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Gently squeeze out as much water as possible from vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add vegetables and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Salad will keep for up to 1 week in sealed container in refrigerator.