Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Crunchy and fresh, with a delightful flavor, this is a nice side to go with some of your other salads, vegetables, and chutneys.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 (3 inches) piece daikon radishes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Peel and finely shred carrot and daikon.
- Put vegetables into large bowl; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Gently squeeze out as much water as possible from vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add vegetables and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Salad will keep for up to 1 week in sealed container in refrigerator.