- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 1/3 c. sake or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 4 thin lemon slices
- Cooking oil for deep fat frying
Cooking Directions: Edit
- Cut chicken wings at joints. Discard the wing tips.
- In a bowl, combine sake or sherry, soy sauce, and ginger root to make a marinade. Place chicken in a plastic bag, and set the bag in a bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken in the bag. Close the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken; pat dry with paper toweling. Coat chicken wings with cornstarch. Fry, 3 or 4 pieces at a time, in deep hot fat (365 degrees) for about 5 minutes. Drain on paper toweling.
- Remove chicken to serving plate. Garnish with lemon slices.