A simplified alternative to teriyaki is made with chicken grilled to perfection. Poultry lovers always know it as a savory main dish on any occasion.
- 1 lb. chicken drummettes
- 1 cup sugar, white only
- 1 cup soy sauce, dark only
- 1 cup red wine
- sesame seeds, toasted
- Rinse off chicken. Combine all ingredients, except chicken, and bring to a boil.
- Leave on a low boil for 15 minutes.
- Add with the chicken drummettes. Let boil for one hour or more until it all thickens and becomes sticky.
- Then let it stand for about 10 minutes and then refrigerate. Grill the boiled chicken for 5-10 minutes, on each side.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds once arranged on platter and garnish with parsley. Serve hot and plain with white rice, as well as with any main dish, side dish, or appetizer.