Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Billker Estate in Cleburne, Texas in 1983.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 ounces thinly sliced beef cut into small chunks
- 2 bunches green onions sliced diagonally
- 2 large carrots sliced thinly on the diagonal
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves well washed and patted dry
- 1 cup large fresh mushrooms sliced vertically
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons shoyu Japanese soy sauce
- In a large skillet over fairly high heat brown beef quickly in a small amount of cooking oil being careful to brown all sides.
- Push meat to one side or remove from pan and lightly brown the onions.
- When they are partly cooked arrange onions and meat evenly over bottom of pan and sprinkle with soy sauce and mirin.
- Add in layers the sliced carrots, spinach leaves and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle more soy sauce over the top.
- Cover tightly then lower heat and steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and pour beaten eggs evenly over mixture then replace lid and steam until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately over rice.