This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Billker Estate in Cleburne, Texas in 1983.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 ounces thinly sliced beef cut into small chunks
- 2 bunches green onions sliced diagonally
- 2 large carrots sliced thinly on the diagonal
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves well washed and patted dry
- 1 cup large fresh mushrooms sliced vertically
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons shoyu Japanese soy sauce
- In a large skillet over fairly high heat brown beef quickly in a small amount of cooking oil being careful to brown all sides.
- Push meat to one side or remove from pan and lightly brown the onions.
- When they are partly cooked arrange onions and meat evenly over bottom of pan and sprinkle with soy sauce and mirin.
- Add in layers the sliced carrots, spinach leaves and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle more soy sauce over the top.
- Cover tightly then lower heat and steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and pour beaten eggs evenly over mixture then replace lid and steam until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately over rice.