Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
White bean casserole soup
- 2 cups of dry white beans
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- salt, chili powder
- Boil beans in hot water in an uncovered pot for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and boil for another 15 minutes in a covered stock pot in 3 cups hot water.
- Saute onion in olive oil until it turns yellow.
- Add 2 tablespoons bean stock from the pot along with tomato sauce, parsley, salt and chili powder for taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until a thick sauce is formed, then pour everything into the pot.
- Add chopped mint, cover tightly and cool for 2 hours over low heat, or for 30 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- This should produce a thick juice, covering beans by an inch.
- Serve hot.