Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- ½ frying chicken, cut up or boned
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ pound sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; brown in hot oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken and sausage from saucepan; set aside.
- Cook onions, celery, green peppers and garlic in same saucepan until tender crisp; stir in stock, salt, red pepper and reserved chicken and sausage.
- Bring to a boil; add rice and return to a boil. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in onions and tomatoes, if desired.