Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds chicken, cut up or boned
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground red pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and sausage from saucepan, set aside.
- Saute onions, celery, green pepper and garlic until tender.
- Return chicken and sausage to saucepan.
- Add broth, salt and red pepper.
- Add rice; bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and tomato.