- Cut the chicken, the dried flesh and the turnip celery in dices and the red bell pepper in narrow strips.
- Heat the butter and sauté garlic, celery and chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper, thyme, the laurel leaf, the clove powder, the cayenne pepper and salt.
- Allow to stew 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the dried meat and the tomato purée and turn the heat up higher.
- Cool off with the meat soup and bring back to a boil.
- Add the rice and add remaining ingredients.
- Add enough water to cover the rice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes more.