Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Place dried fruit into medium bowl and pour over rum and dark beer.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a deep 9-inch round cake pan.
- Transfer dried fruit mixture with liquid to food processor or blender and process until a smooth pulp is formed, about 10 seconds. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together margarine and Sugar with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, allspice, molasses and baking powder.
- Stir in flour, then pureed fruit until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and let cool to room temperature before serving.