Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 4 boneless pork top loin chops, cut ¾ inch to 1 inch thick
- fresh mint sprigs, optional
- For melon salsa, in a medium bowl, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, snipped mint and honey.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve or up to 8 hours.
- Trim fat from chops.
- Sprinkle Jamaican jerk seasoning evenly over both sides of each chop; rub in with your fingers.
- Place chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 11 minutes to 14 minutes, or until done and juices run clear (160°F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Serve melon salsa with grilled chops.
- If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 201 | Fat 5 g | Carbs 12 g | Sodium 354 mg | Fiber 1 g.