- Cut tofu into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Blot well between layers of paper towel, then cut into ½-inch dice.
- In wide skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add tofu and "pepperoni" and cook, stirring often, until tofu is golden on most sides and "pepperoni" is crisp.
- Remove to plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat and add onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, 10 minutes.
- Add leeks, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, chile pepper if using and 4 cups water and bring to a simmer.
- Add bouillon cube, bay leaves, thyme, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Simmer gently, covered, until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in reserved tofu and "pepperoni" slices.
- Remove bay leaves.
- In small saucepan, melt margarine.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- When mixture is smooth, stir it slowly into stew.
- Cook until sauce thickens, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.