Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased at a garage sale in McKinney, Texas in 1991. Date unknown.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds oxtails, trimmed
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh tomato chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 habanero chile chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 6 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 thyme sprig
- Place oxtails in large bowl.
- Add sliced onion and soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge oxtails in mixture making sure all sides are covered.
- Reserve onion.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven until hot.
- Brown oxtails.
- Remove meat from pan, drain off all but 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add reserved onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili and garlic to pan and sauté lightly, scraping up brown bits.
- Add hot water and molasses and stir well.
- Return oxtails to pan and cook over low heat for 1½ hours.
- Add thyme sprig and continue to cook 30 minutes longer.