Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 6 loin pork chops
- 3 chicken breasts, split
- 6 chicken legs (2 oz)
- whole allspice berries
- ¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp hot pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup peanut or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- Pickapeppa sauce
- Cut away rind and most fat from pork; remove all meat from bones, cut into pieces about 1½" thick and 3" to 4" long.
- Put pork pieces and chicken in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- To prepare seasoning, heat the allspice berries over medium heat in small saucepan 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often; 2 tbs at a time, crush berries in mortar and pestle.
- In medium bowl, combine berries, nutmeg, cinnamon, scallions, garlic, pepper and 1 tbsp vinegar; crush into pasty mixture.
- Add rest of vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Turn mixture over pork and chicken and rub meat with seasoning, coating evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook jerked pork and chicken on grill over hot coals or on gas barbecue as far from heat as possible (6" or more); cover with lid; turn meat every 10 minutes for about 1 hour, until done.
- If desired, halfway through cooking time toss 1 tsp whole allspice berries into fire.
- Cut cooked pork into ⅓" slices and serve with chicken.
- Accompany with Pickapeppa sauce.