You may use allspice berries, if available, but use enough to give the equivalent of ½ cup ground. Allspice berries and Scotch bonnets are key ingredients. Keep this sauce refrigerated and it will keep forever. Feel free to increase the hot peppers and garlic.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1/4 cup ground allspice berries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1/2 tbsp ground thyme or 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 bunches scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce to moisten
- Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.