Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: About 60 minutes
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Clean carrots by scrubbing briskly with a vegetable brush under running water. Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces and place in boiling water for about 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add remaining 4 cups of water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place half of carrots and water in a blender. Blend at highest speed until smooth. Pour into jug.
- Repeat this step with remaining carrots and water.
- If blender is unavailable, mash cooked carrots with a fork. Add milk, nutmeg, vanilla and sugar. Mix well. Chill and serve over ice.
- Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe