Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water then stir in milk, salt and egg.
- Add ½ of the flour and stir, continue to add flour until you have a dough that can be turned out of the bowl.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth but firm.
- Oil a clean bowl and turn the dough in it until coated.
- Cover with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Cut into 10 portions roll each piece into a 6 inch diameter circle.
- Brush with melted butter then fold in ½.
- Brush with more butter and fold in ½ again.
- Set breads on a oiled baking sheet and let them rise until they double in size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F set a pan of hot water on the lowest oven rack.
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.